Edit: Temporarily replaced with and X
After making the first wing I decided to make another set plus finish the red ones. This was just more practice as I didn't change anything about the pattern. I just worked on how to make the feathers face the same way even though I had to work from a different side. It moved the stitches over on the opposite wing, but that is ok, that is what practice is for.
The white set is for a Pegasus, the red possibly for a Phoenix. After I get the bodies done I will work on another set that will be poseable. Thank you guys for all the suggestions! Taking a different perspective is just what I need sometimes.
PS The right wings look bigger because I tucked the loose yarn under them and if puffed them up. Sorry about that!